What music are you listening to?

John Watt

Hey little sister, shotgun, nice day for a white wedding.
Hey little sister, it's a nice day to start again.
Guitar solo.
Hey! Pick it up! Take me home again!

Fretless

Currently listening to Jerry Cantrell--Degradation Trip Vol. 1 & 2. Good summer albums for me, as were Alice in Chains albums back in my college days.
Lots of power in the song writing and sound, especially for a three-piece.
A sample, for any interested:

methodistgirl

The music coming from a diesel engine the size of a small house. The company
that made this engine was Fairbanks Morse. It kinda reminds me of some
pipe organs that go wrong or tear up while someone plays it.
judy jennings

teddy

Duckmeister
Joni Mitchell - THE HISSING OF SUMMER LAWNS. I like to change the music in the car regularly. There is a good argument for a dashboard changer rather than these boot mounted multi changers. You can just slide a CD in as you wish.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
I am puting in some Stones. The early R&B stuff always gets me going, even if it is only going to work.

teddy

John Watt

If I'm hearing some Stones it makes me want to get away and work.

There are too many people howling in the dark and prowling in the park, already,
and I don't miss you.

teddy

Duckmeister
A lovely day and listening to Joni prior to having lunch with the family. For a change the lawns are hissing instead of the weather. 11 of us celebrating the twins 18th.

teddy

John Watt

Yeah! I could use hearing Santana's "Caravanserai" after all these years.
The phased and maybe lightly flanged sax that starts of reminded me of desert mirages.

The Allman Brothers Band double album "Eat a Peach" was a big influence for me.
After what I've been through in the new millennium, "Tied to the Whipping Post" has more feel for me.

I've been listening to a Sade cassette, not knowing the title, because my fave album by her got too beat up,
and I've never seen it for sale used. I'd have to pre-pay to order it, in this city of over 50,000 people.
No more CD stores. New technology is not only propogating quickly, what's there is getting deleted even faster.

I'll confess. I was listening to Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell" this week, uh, some heavy, mellow rock.

teddy

Duckmeister
Steve Miller Band - FLY LIKE AN EAGLE

Great album with some really soaring pieces. When I rebuilt my hi fi this was the first album I played on it, to test it out

teddy

John Watt

"Swingtown" by Steve Miller is on the radio right now.
That's a drum beat and bass line a Canadian band from London had together as a minor hit,
with a lyrical theme about bananas. They slipped on that one.
Steve got it together better.