What music are you listening to?

John Watt

Seeing teddy's posting above got me singing Arthur Brown's "Fire" to myself,
one of my favorite laughing at you and screaming fire songs.
When he sang "you're gonna burn", he was talking to me.

"Disco Inferno" was on the radio on the way up.

Woods7Van

For me, I just discovered that the Gladiator soundtrack is in our extensive iTunes collection here at the office, so I'm listening to that.

John Watt

I just got a used Panasonic VCR for $10 and watched a "Gladiator" cassette I got for fifty cents at a yard sale.
Depending on the cinemaphotograpy, I can't tell the difference between DVD's and VHS.
Lots of people in the Niagara Peninsula aren't paying for cable, using TV's just to watch movies.
If I find "Amadeus", that'll be part of my permanent collection, just six movies so far.

"Backstabber (the smile on your face)" is on the radio.

teddy

Duckmeister
Joni Mitchell - Hejira Just about the best album she has done. My new car only has a dashboard CD player, but that is an advantage in a way as I now remember to change the discs.

teddy

John Watt

Joni Mitchell knew what she was talking about, when she used "The Hissing of Summer Lawns".
That was back then, now new green grass growing in January, in the Niagara Peninsula,
makes hissing sound, when the condensation is hardening.

teddy! I see you listening to REM. Have you heard the reconfigured "major scale" version?
That new program, changing major to minor and minor to major is getting a media workout over here.

I'm still letting "Amadeus" play all through my apartment.

teddy

Duckmeister
John Watt said:
teddy! I see you listening to REM. Have you heard the reconfigured "major scale" version?
That new program, changing major to minor and minor to major is getting a media workout over here.
No I have not heard it John. I do not listen to as much music as I would like to.

Recently re ran MOBY - GO A lot of energy in that track.

teddy

Last edited by a moderator:

teddy

Duckmeister
Last night I got out my old vinyl copy of War of the Worlds. Not a great fan of Burton but his monologue really adds to the atmosphere. And the music..............

teddy

John Watt

Careful with that axe, teddy, you might cut some hot rock notes.
I'm in an office environment, classic rock on, some Police, now Bruce Springsteen.
I might have to find my own cave if I want to get grooving with some hairy picts.
Either that, or I'll move to Grantchester Meadows and fly away.