What jazz have you been listening to today?

gord

hi steve, my collection about 1500 lps and about 800 cds, covers all styles of jazz, from king oliver to cecil taylor.i love all kinds of jazz. and get just as much out of bunk johnson as i do out of sun ra. the jazz i usually listen tt the most is,hardbop,cool, and west coast big bands. 15 years ago i had a collection of 15000 lps, my whole basement was full of records. it was a hobby that got out of control, so i decided to sell most of them. gord

gord

brother matthew with eddie condons allstar jazzband--abc (lp) brother matthew aka boyce brown (anyone remember him) retired and became a monk.he made this album in 1956. gord

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
hi steve, my collection about 1500 lps and about 800 cds, covers all styles of jazz, from king oliver to cecil taylor.i love all kinds of jazz. and get just as much out of bunk johnson as i do out of sun ra. the jazz i usually listen tt the most is,hardbop,cool, and west coast big bands. 15 years ago i had a collection of 15000 lps, my whole basement was full of records. it was a hobby that got out of control, so i decided to sell most of them. gord

Geez, A lot of radio stations would give an arm and a leg for such a collection........

Keith Jarrett's "La Scala"...

stu

Hi you guys. I haven't been able to log on for over a week now due to some internet connecting and server cutting out problems.
I have changed over to a new broadband set up but it seems to be taking time to settle in. I still can't check out any You Tube stuff as yet because of this problem.
When I do check in I have to type at eighty bars to the minute -then check out-Fast!
Mel Torme-At Concord Jazz Festival.
Mel Torme with Buddy Rich-Together Again For The First Time.
Ornette Coleman Trio- Live At The Golden Circle 2cd's.
Don Cherry -Old And New Dreams.
Woody Herman -Woody's Winners. (Live At Basin Street)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Winter in Venice and Where Everybody Has Gone by E.S.T.

OLDUDE

Eliane Elias on Spotify - trying to decide which CD to buy first.
Fav. for the moment is "Dreamer"
(I may need to wait till Xmas to see if I get vouchers)

Hi Stu sorry to hear of your problems (I've been through this type of trouble myself and its so frustrating)

gord

hank jones--favors-verve (cd) superb piano,he never lets you down.
john coltrane--coltranes sound-atlantic (cd) love this brilliant album,i will never tire of listening to it.
charles mingus--the black saint and the sinner lady-impulse (cd)a jazz classic

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I wish I could find the original version, this bloody cursor is sticking again grrr