What jazz have you been listening to today?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Leucocyte
Strange Place For Snow
From Gagarin's Point Of View

All by E.S.T.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
On Spotify:

John Coltrane--coltrane's sound. The more I hear Trane, Tyner and Elvin Jones playing together, the more I am convinced that they comprise one of the greatest musical units known in the annals of jazz history.

gord

hi steve,i cant argue with that. trane, tyner and jones, that means great jazz. but i think we need a knew thread about perfect partners in jazz. gord

gord

art blakey--live at ronnie scotts london-concord (cd)
art blakey--drums around the corner-blue note (cd)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Well, an ultimate Jazz Trio would be McCoy Tyner on piano, Ron Carter on Double Bass, and Jack DeJohnette on drums.

Just finished listening to Golden Striker by Ron Carter.

gord

hank mobley--dig dis-(2cds)-not now music. this is two blue note albums, soul station and roll call. hardbop at its best. gord

stu

Dabbling about listening to some favourite tracks from various Cd's
Sonny Rollins-Don't Stop The Carnival- and-St Thomas.
Mc Coy Tyner Trio- Moments Notice and My One And Only Love. (the latter a duet with George Adams tenor)
Oscar Peterson Trio-Tenderly (The track from JATP 1952)
Modern Jazz Quartet- Django and Bags Groove.
Lester Young Quartet-G's If You Please and D B Blues.
George Wallington Quintet with Jackie McLean and Donald Byrd- Sweet Blanche. (fine hard bop stuff)
Bud Powell Trio- I Ain't Foolin'.- I Can't Get Started with Idrees Sullieman-I Remember Clifford with Don Byas.
Sonny Stitt Quartet-Tri Horn Blues. (Stitt on tenor;baritone; and alto)
Shorty Rogers Giants- Short Stop; Infinity Promenade;Coop De Graas.
And, I always finish with a huge grin! The Slim Gaillard Trio- The Avocado Seed Soup Symphony (First and second movements!!).

gord

stu,great selection,it inspired me to get some shorty rogers and lester young records out. gord

stu

White Knight, that's a great track. I have the CD, maybe the same as yours, of the same name which has two versions of Forest Flower, the one from Monterey and another from a Town Hall concert.

gord

been listening to the esbjorn svensson trio plays monk on you tube. now i want that brilliant cd, but where the hell do i get it round here. i guess i will go to buffalo tomorrow, maybe i will find a copy there.gord

stu

Woody Herman-40th Anniversery Concert.
Oliver Nelson-Swiss Suite.
Duke Ellington- Uptown.
David Murray Quartet-Shakills Warrior.
Misha Mengelberg Quintet with Steve Lacy- Dutch Masters.