What jazz have you been listening to today?

teddy

Duckmeister
I expect `everyone know`s `that there is a` `new Pat Metheny album `released on Amazon tomorrow

treddyt

stu

One of the great trumpet/ flugelhorn players and also a fun loving character, Clark Terry, has been having some serious health problems.
We sincerely wish him well. Clark has played with almost every notable jazz musician I know. I searched out and played a few tracks from some CD's last night.

Clarke Terry with McCoy Tyner at Newport Jazz Festival.
Clark Terry with Duke Ellington Orch -Ellington Uptown (that blistering solo on Perdido)
Idiom 3 from Launching Pad.
Clark Terry with Oscar Peterson Quartet.

Bob Brookmeyer and Clark Terry- Live At The Half Note.

and 2 tracks with Johnny Griffin-Boomerang and Boardwalk.

All the best to Clark Terry.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Commisar Colin,

Its no-ones fault - I am just as guilty of leaving the topic on many other threads. So, be of good cheer and know that you're a part of something that is bigger than any individual member on MIMF. We're family here and we should help each other in Love, Care, and Concern for each other........

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Commisar Colin,

Its no-ones fault - I am just as guilty of leaving the topic on many other threads.........
It is a famous catch phrase ""Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into," from Laurel and Hardy I thought teddy would pick it up but he is chicken. LoL.

teddy

Duckmeister
Selection of EST from Spotify. Strange Place for Snow seems appropriate with the weather we are having at the moment

teddy

OLDUDE

Shorty Rogers Giants (My own selection)
Lester Young (My own Selection
Sarah Vaughan (My own selection)

By going through my albums of favourite musicians and concentrating the tracks that I like best
onto a "Selection" it is so easy to focus instantly upon my favourite music