What jazz have you been listening to today?

dutchmandan

Today was E.S.T - Strange Place for Snow. I saw you listening to them a lot Steve so I decided to check them out, this particular album is brilliant!

stu

Don Ellis Orchestra-Live At Monterey.
Don Ellis Orchestra- Live In 3 2/3 - 4 Time.
Von Freeman - Have No Fear!
Von Freeman- The Improvisor.
Pepper Adams - 10 to 4 At The Five Spot.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
@ dutchmandan, Thanx for the shout out. I'm so glad you liked that album! When I can come up with a little more scratch, I intend to get a lot more of their work; in the meantime, I have Spotify to fall back on.
p.s. That's a great avatar you have there. Is that Bill or Gil Evans?

stu

Abdullah Ibrahim-Water From An Ancient Well.
Bill Evans Trio - Waltz For Debby.
Hampton Hawes - All Night Sessions.

teddy

Duckmeister
Got to admit that although I admire Coltrane he is not really my thing. Rollins, Adderley or Desmond anyday

teddy

OLDUDE

Thank heavens I'm not alone in my dislike of Coltrane.
I've listened to cannonball in Europe (my latest new CD
John

stu

Jimmy Giuffre Trio-Live at Olympia 1960.
Jack Montrose Quintet with Bob Gordon.
Shorty Rogers, Jimmy Giuffre -Wherever The Five Winds Blow.
Bud Shank Quartet-Live At The Haig.

gord

kenny burrell-all night long/ all day long--not now music (double cd) two complete albums originally
on the prestige label. as you would expect from prestige great jazz. gord

gord

i can understand why some of you guys would hate coltranes impulse albums, especially the ones from the mid 60s.
but i am absolutely amazed that you dont like the incredible powerful and swinging prestige recordings, i dont think any
jazz artist ever made a series of albums that good. i think that one day you will find you like him and realize just what you have been missing
all these years. that is what happened with me, there was a time when i didnt like him also. gord

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
@gord it just ain't gonna happen for me, after 60years of jazz my taste is firmly established.