What music are you listening to?

John Watt

"the circumstances under which I first heard her", sounds very interesting.
The "lilt in her voice" took a while to think about,
but it describes how she stood out on the radio, a continuous vocal line.
A lot of people described her as being cold onstage,
but I thought she was just concentrating on putting so much into her singing, and playing.
After all this time, hearing other bands doing her songs,
and hearing them having hits with them again,
just shows how enduring her art is. Oil paintings too.

If you'd like to think of Jimi and me, I recommend "Rainy day, dream away", drifting into the rest of that side,
and for a "slight return", "Still raining, still dreaming", on the next side, from "Electric Ladyland".
I've been listening to that since it came out, and it's still more than just interesting to hear.

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
A very talented lady, I have seen her on stage with everyone from Johhn Cash to Pat Metheny, How many people could do that. Not too many I am guessing

teddy

John Watt

Nice! You must be a real fan.
Pat Methany, with Lyle Mays on keys,
were very influential and popular for me,
almost being local boys from Buffalo.
It's sad that I never had a chance to see them live.

I always thought Jaco Pastorius would have been good with them,
and Jaco's the only other musician I thought would be good with Jimi,
at the time.
Rick James, another Buffalo bassist, was first to record with finger-poppin and string snappin', hitting hard with a thumb too.

A lot of influential musicians came out of Buffalo.
Moog Synthesizers too.

John Watt

I'm listening to CHUM-FM aiding and abetting the counselling of a crime,
by playing this song with the introductory lyrics:
"If you're going to leave me, leave some morphine at the door".
Yowza!

wljmrbill

Yanni's lastest PBS live concert from El Morro ( Puerto Rico).. great sounds always.. even if I am a classic bluff.. He is so uplifting to me.

teddy

Duckmeister
The Eagles - Hotel California eases my journey to the office. There's a new boy in town....................

teddy

John Watt

I'm glad to see some others with oldies, 'cause that's what I had happening all weekend.
Sade and Lisa Stansfield put out two of the most listenable tapes ever recorded,
and getting newer copies helped me realize why I still like them after all these years.

Z.Z.Top had a good song with the line "Jesus just left Chicago, and he doesn't want to go back".
Santana's performance at Woodstock, especially "Soul Sacrifice" is still very hot.

I also listened to Dean Watson's first track off "Imposing Elements", but couldn't comment here.