What jazz have you been listening to today?

teddy

Duckmeister
Disappointing for you Mat. Artists do change, look at Bob Dylan for instance. John Martyn went from folk to folk rock to jazz fusion. Fortunately he always included some of his standards in his concerts, and the changes came gradually so there were no sudden shocks. Maybe she has earned enough money? :rolleyes:

teddy

stu

I tend to go with what Teddy says. Money!! Or, hopefully maybe this is just a commercial ploy before getting back on track.
If not, sadly, that could mean downhill all the way musically but laughing all the way to the bank.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
No, come one, guys. She's not like that. She can't be. She isn't, is she? :cry:

teddy

Duckmeister
A Pat Metheny day. Working my way through a couple of albums. Letters from Home and As Falls Wichita

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello and welcome to the forum. This thread IS specifically for us jazz nuts. Hope you join in

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
EST and FROM GAGARINS POINT OF VIEW. Some haunting music on this album especially the title track.

teddy.

ericwood992

Bruce Turner Jump Band - Jumpin' for Joy.

Bruce had a regular spot in the Manchester Sports Guild (MSG) in Manchester on Saturday nights in the 60s. (When Humph didn't need him!). His group was John Chilton, Pete Strange, Colin Bates, Jim Bray and John Armitage usually.

I used to attend every week. He was a lovely man. A little bit (?) eccentric (he refreshed himself at the intervals with cream cakes which they used to get in specially at the bar) whilst the rest of the band were sipping their beers.

Also today: Tubby Hayes Quintet - Down at the Village
and Humph at the Conway and the Royal Festival Hall.

This is my kind of jazz, though some of the American Jazzmen played quite well!!!

stu

Welcome Ericwood992. I met Bruce once at a festival with Humph. Eccentric he was. He called everybody 'Dad'. Humph used to say "I wonder what he called his father?":)

Buddy Tate and Milt Buckner- Bouncin' At Dawn. CD.
Bob Wilbur and Kenny Davern- Soprano Summit CD.

stu

Duke Ellington -various Treasury Broadcast tracks.
Bobby Wellins- The Best Is Yet To Come. CD.
Jackie McLean- various tracks from 1959- 1967, 1985-1999.

gord

john coltrane-slowtrane (3cds)-not now music. three of coltranes prestige albums.great jazz.gord

gord

marty paich-the rock-jazz incident-tartare (ex reprise) cd
frankie capp-in a hefti bag-concord cd