What jazz have you been listening to today?

stu

Zoot Sims with Hans Koller,Kenny Clarke etc- In Baden Baden-The Lost Tapes. (Excellent stuff!) CD.
Stan Kenton Orchestra-Live At Butler University 1972. CD
Stan Kenton Orchestra- Adventures In Blues. CD.

stu

Gene Ammons and James Moody- Chicago Concert CD.
Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie- Massey Hall Concert. CD

teddy

Duckmeister
Browsing some Charlie Parker on Spotify and Youtube. Trying to get some appreciation of him.

teddy.

OLDUDE

I have produced 10 jazz playlists on iTunes (derived from my iTunes main music list)
and I have been listening to one of these.
I tend to do this while reading. (Todays book was "Funeral Note" by Quintin Jardine)

gord

today i have been working my way through horace silver-kind of silver a 10 cd box -on the house of jazz label.a dutch company.i got this in england for 7 quid incredible bargain.these are blue note recordings from the 50s.great great music. gord

stu

Al Mangelsdorff with Reo Weber Percussion-Live At Montreaux Jazz Festival.CD
Al Mangelsdorff Quintet- Now Jazz Ramwong. CD.
Mary McPartland Trio-At The Hickory House. CD.

Hi Gord, that was some good collecting you had, glad you enjoyed your holiday!

stu

Henry Texier-Various tracks from CD,s.
Cape Esperance; New Delhi; Grevote Revolt; Thingin' with Lee Konitz;
Colonel Skopje; Amazone Blues.

teddy

Duckmeister
I have been neglecting the jazz sections lately and must write out 500 hundred times, Use the forum.

teddy

OLDUDE

Listening to my jazz playlists (I think its really worth preparing these so that selections
of favourite music is always available without effort).
My favourite track for tonight was "Never let me go" by Kai Winding.

stu

Cannonabll Adderley Quintet Live At Salle Playel and Olympia, CD.

Teddy write it a thousand times on rice paper then eat it and swallow with a quart of whiskey!

Steve, that 'Cannonball In New York' should be on a free prescription for all as an antedote for a feel good factor!
I owned it on LP then a few years back I bought the CD, and when I got home when I checked it I wasn't sure what I had!
On the front sleeve all seemed okay, but on the spine it stated 'Cannonball Adderley with Milt Jackson' ! I opened the CD and on the disc it stated in bold print,
'Cannonball Adderley Quintet Workin' With The Miles Davis Quintet!!' It wasn't until I heard Cannonball's opening introduction before I knew all was well!:)

gord

john coltrane-tranesition-the complete paul chambers sessions-gambit records.we have here two paul chambers blue note albums with sideman coltrane.i guess they figured they would sell more under coltranes name.they were right i bought it.anyway this music is indispensible.if you ever see it buy it.gord