What jazz have you been listening to today?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Mat, you win. Zoot! The ultimate swinging tenor man! He never changed, lucky for us, because nobody could swing like ZOOT!

You bet, Stu! I don't mind listening to him all day long. Especially some of his late stuff. Today 't was:

Basie & Zoot

Bobo Stenson - Goodbye.

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
Cannonball Adderley - Country Preacher.
The title track set me off on my quest for soph sax players. Unfortunately he is playing alto on this version

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hey Gord, that's one of my favorite albums by E.S.T. Thanks for the link.

gord

hi mat,despite being able to get est plays monk on youtube,i want this cd in my collection.it is number one on my wants list.but where do i get it round here?i will be in the uk in a couple of weeks on holiday, hopefully i can get a copy while there.gord

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
hi mat,despite being able to get est plays monk on youtube,i want this cd in my collection.it is number one on my wants list.but where do i get it round here?i will be in the uk in a couple of weeks on holiday, hopefully i can get a copy while there.gord

Hi, Gord. What about Amazon?

teddy

Duckmeister
Gord
If you are having trouble buying it I am sure I could purchase it for you.
You may also be able to purchase it through Spotify

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
All this talk of EST prompted me to listen to PLAYS MONK. A fine album with some really memorable tracks

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Listened to some Ray Charles this evening including of course Georgia, then Bill Withers AINT NO SUNSHINE and Ben E Kind STAND BY ME and on and on................................

teddy