What jazz have you been listening to today?

stu

I got the gremlins back on the computer. Only just got on the net after a while.

Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra- In Concert. Manteca/Good Bait/One Bass Hit/Stay On It/Things To Come.
Dizzy Gillespie Quintet-An Electrifying Evening With.

John Watt

This is more about what I'm not listening to.
Last summer I bought my first c.d. player and got a burner installed in the computer.
I sold and traded all my jazz albums a long time ago, too much to haul around, moving all the time.
That was about ten McCoy Tyner, five Elvin Jones, two Coltrane, one Ornette Coleman, Shakti...
Yeah, now that I've built a new sound and p.a. system in my first apartment by myself,
I'd like to get these albums happening again, what I need to jam along with, singing and guitar.
Rotating these instrumental albums kept them fresh for me, even as I gradually grew into playing along.
There isn't even a store selling new c.d.'s in Welland, a city of over 50,000 people.
Too bad I gave away my Atlantis album, autographed by some band members.
Yeah, sometimes even non-players need a little help.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
On Spotify:

John Coltrane--coltrane's sound. As usual, superlative jazz created by Trane, Tyner, Jones and Davis. Magnifique!

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
@ Colin and Mat: I apologize, guys. From now on, I'll remember to post any links I'd like to share with my fellow jazz enthusiasts from You Tube. In this way, everybody will be able to enjoy them. Sorry about that.
Is there any indication as to whether Spotify will be made available in your respective countries?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Well, Spotify isn't very specific as to when they will make the service available in other countires. Here's what they wrote on their site:

To us, music is everything. Our dream is to have all the music in the world available instantly to everyone, wherever they are.

But for the time being, we’re not able to launch in every country. We’re really sorry about this, but it takes time to arrange licensing agreements with record labels and local publishing rights societies.

Rest assured we’re doing everything we can to resolve this, and hope to offer Spotify in many more countries as soon as possible.
So, I guess as soon as possible...

stu

Duke Ellington- Meets Coleman Hawkins.
Duke Ellington Orch- Fargo Live 1940.
Johnny Hodges-Everybody Knows Johnny Hodges.

OLDUDE

Not listening to music but - reading a book
I received as a Xmas gift a copy of the Downbeat 75 year Anniversary Edition of Interviews ( with Jazz musicians).
It goes back to the late '20s and is totally fascinating.
It is amazing to find out how many subsequently top jazz groups and bands found it almost impossible
to make a living during the '30s.

OLDUDE

I find it sad that the no. of jazz fans actively participating in this forum has declined
so much.
i might look elsewhere if things dont buck up

Cheers John

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi John,

Methinks that there has been no decline in actively participating jazz fans - There is this little thing called life - My wife and I have four small babies to care for, which means that I can't always be "on-line" and on MIMF, even though I Love MIMF very much........ok? Please, take no offense.............