What jazz have you been listening to today?

stu

Lee Wiley -Compilation CD.
Beverly Kenney-Compilation CD.
Rebecca Kilgore -Compilatation CD.
Karin Krog CD-with Warne Marsh and Red Mitchell.
Jackie Paris Sings Gershwin CD.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
@ CD and Teedles, Love your choices, guys! :cheers:

And I like your listening choices because they reflect a rainbow of diversity.
I'm sorta a monochrome guy in regards to Jazz - McCoy Tyner, Keith Jarrett, Pat Meth, and EST. Nothin' too fancy and newfangled.............

teddy

Duckmeister
I have learned so much listening to other peoples selections, music I would probably never have come across otherwise. Thank you all.

teddy

Corno Dolce

And thanx to WhiteKnight for his profound knowledge of so many different Jazz Musicians and Artisans.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Dee Dee Bridgewater – Permit Me To Introduce You To Yourself.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
I have learned so much listening to other peoples selections, music I would probably never have come across otherwise. Thank you all.

teddy

I feel the same way, Teddy; I especially want to thank CD for his rekindling my interest in--and love of--Mccoy Tyner! I had forgotten how much I respect and enjoy both the man and his music. :cheers:

White Knight

And thanx to WhiteKnight for his profound knowledge of so many different Jazz Musicians and Artisans.

CD, Thanks so much for that accolade; I wish I deserved it, but I'll take it anyways! And again, I thank you for talking about and citing McCoy Tyner so much!

stu

Dave Brubeck Quartet- Carnegie Hall Concert CD
Dave Brubeck Quartet and Jimmy Rushing CD
Bid and Diz-Town Hall Concert 1945 CD.
Ahmad Jamal -Cross Country Tour CD

OLDUDE

Following on from Mat's track (for rating) I have been listening to my CD "Americana" by Arturo Dandoval

Corno Dolce

I feel the same way, Teddy; I especially want to thank CD for his rekindling my interest in--and love of--Mccoy Tyner! I had forgotten how much I respect and enjoy both the man and his music. :cheers:

Aw gee - thanx Br. Steve - And here I thought you, of all MIMF members, had an extremely prodigious knowledge of McCoy Tyner. I consider myself a relative newbie in re to McCoy Tyner but methinks I'm getting somewhat better........?

Soliloquoy by McCoy Tyner.

White Knight

@ CD, You don't have to get any better re: your Tyner knowledge. It is I, who--thanks to your enthusiasm for this great artist--have been trying to fill in the gaps in my knowledge base vis a vis his music.

Corno Dolce

@ CD, You don't have to get any better re: your Tyner knowledge. It is I, who--thanks to your enthusiasm for this great artist--have been trying to fill in the gaps in my knowledge base vis a vis his music.

Au contraire! I have such a yawning black hole in my head that needs to be filled with knowledge and at this point, knowing how much work I need to do in order to fill that black hole, I fear that I'll never die.............