What jazz have you been listening to today?

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
@ Stu, I'm not sure; I'll check Spotify and the cd I have and get back to you.

Hi, Stu. I checked both the Spotify version and the version of Supertrios which I own, and neither has the work Monk's Dream on it. Perhaps there is another edition with which you are familiar?

stu

Steave and CD, Ignore me!!! I got all mixed up between 'Monk's Dream' and Monk's 'I Mean You', which is the one on supertios.:confused:

gord

john coltrane-four classic albums 2cds-avid jazz.the 4 albums are, kenny burrell and john coltrane--cattin' with coltane and quinichette--thelonious monk with john coltrane--jazz way out with coltrane,harden.fuller. great stuff.gord

gord

herb ellis--four classic albums-2cds-avid jazz- the four albumsare,herb ellis meets jimmy giuffre-nothing but the blues-ellis in wonderland-thank you charlie christian.these avid jazz cds are great value.gord

stu

David Murray Quartet- Body And Soul. CD
David Murray - The Hill. CD
Shahib Shihab -Conversations. CD
Ornette Coleman- Art Of The Improvisors.CD.
Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane- At Carnegie Hall

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
On Spotify:

McCoy Tyner--Atlantis. Very nice indeed; liked this a lot better than Shorter's album of the same name. It has much more drive, variety and inventiveness, and none of that damn singing in the background, as does the Shorter. Tyner's Atlantis in certain spots reminds me of another of my faves by him, namely, Trident.

Last edited:

OLDUDE

Dan Barrett (tbn) - CD "Melody in Swing"
Curtis Fuller (Tbn) - CD "Soul Trombone"
Clark Terry/Ben Webster - CD "More"