What jazz have you been listening to today?

stu

Various tracks from Jazz At The Philharmonic 1944 -1949. Box Set of 10 CD's.
Illinois Jacquet -God Bless My Solo CD.
Modern Jazz Quartet- Tracks from Last Concert 2CD's.

OLDUDE

Music from just arrived purchases from Amazon;-
Jackie McLean - "4 Classic Albums"
Ralph Sharon Trio
Ronnie Ross Quintet ("Stompin' with R.R.5" - A great British Group for those that care.
Ike Quebec - "Blue and Sentimental" - What a great Tenor player

stu

CD, My son has quite a collection of Pat Matheny and Jaco Pastorious, and, while I don't have any I do enjoy them because I often check in to visit and this is what is playing on his CD player. (he plays bass guitar and he picked up on jazz from me but now he keeps me up to date!) :eek:

OLDUDE

Hi stu, it must be great to have a son with an interest in jazz. I wouldn'd horrify a friend with naming the
awful stuff that my 2 sons and their children listen to.

However they did buy me £80 of Amazon vouchers with which I mainly buy Jazz and Sci Fi.

I downloaded the Sonny Stitt "Four Classic Albums" CD today and that is what i've been
listening to most recently.
Yesterday I downloaded the 43 track album by Ralph Sharon (on piano) of music by Porter and Kern
and was delighted when my wife took to his playing and listened with pleasure into the late evening.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
On Spotify:

Weather Report--Sweetnighter. This album did absolutley nothing for me, and I was very disappointed. I would say that of all the WR output I've sampled so far, this was by far the most dry and boring of the lot.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Yesterday I downloaded the 43 track album by Ralph Sharon (on piano) of music by Porter and Kern
and was delighted when my wife took to his playing and listened with pleasure into the late evening.
I agree with that John, we are very lucky in that we both enjoy the same music make life simpler lol

Dorsetmike

This on the toob, JJ & K, nice piano solo too by Tommy Flamgan

JJ again but with Clifford Brown trumpet and Jimmy Heath Saxes, plus 3/4 of the MJQ!

stu

Great stuff Mike. On the first clip that's Roy Haynes on drums. He just turned 87 yesterday and still playing well.

stu

Erroll Garner Trio -Concert By The Sea. CD
Zoot Sims with Jutta Hipp- CD.
Slide Hampton Band -Jazz In Paris CD.
Urbie Green Big Band and Sextet- The Complete Persuasive Trombone.CD
The Trombones Inc.-Bob Brookmeyer;Jimmy Cleveland;Frank Rosolino;Bennie Green; Melba Liston;Milt Bernhart; Frank Rehak etc.