What jazz have you been listening to today?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Brecker Brothers - Time Is Of The Essence

Bill Evans (sax) - Vans Joint

stu

Yusef Lateef with Wilbur Harden- Gong! CD.
John Coltrane with Wilbur Harden-The Savoy Sessions.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
On Spotify:

Weather Report--I Sing The Body Electric. A lot of this album sounded to me like the Mahavishnu Orchestra ran into and melded with some Miles Davis type vibes from his Live-Evil opus. Not so melody or theme oriented, but rather melodic fragments and different usage of instruments and sound effects to create an overall haunting and moody pastiche. I found it to be quite interesting, almost like--but not quite--as the earlier Bitches Brew, which of course included some of the same crew which comprised Weather Report.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
John Coltrane Quartet--Crescent. Lonnie's Lament alone is worth the price of admission. Trane and Tyner are simply magical together!

Last edited:

stu

Charlie Parker and Chet Baker- Inglewood Jam. CD.
Benny Goodman All Stars -Live In Berlin 1958 with Jack Sheldon; Flip Phillips;Bill Harris;Red Norvo etc. CD
Benny Goodman Orchestra-Live In Moscow 1962. with Zoot Sims; Joe Wilder;Phil Woods;Jerry Dodgion; John Bunch;Teddy Wilson;Mel Lewis.etc.CD.
Dizzy Gilllespie Orchestra -Live In South America 1956. 2 CD 's with Benny Golson;Billy Mitchell; Phil Woods;Melba Liston; Frank Rehak;Walter Davis jr;Charlie Persip etc.