What jazz have you been listening to today?

stu

Lee Konitz and Gerry Mulligan- 'Live At The Haig Club'.

Art Farmer and Benny Golson -The Jazztet, 'Live At The Birdhouse'.

Bobby Hutcherson Quartet (Hutcherson;Kenny Barron; Buster Williams;Al Foster.)- 'At The Vanguard'.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Herbie Hancock--The Blue Note Years: The Best of Herbie Hancock
Esbjorn Svensson Trio--Somewhere Else Before

teddy

Duckmeister
Have been trawling through Youtube for some gerry Mulligan. Loved his prelude in e minor by chopin

teddy

stu

Duke Ellington - Great Paris Concert.

Duke Ellington- At Newport Jazz Festival.

Duke Ellington -Stockholm Concert 1960.

Duke Ellington - tracks from Treasury Broadcasts, 4 Volumes.

Duke Ellington-Far East Suite.

stu

Duke Ellington-At The Blue Note. (2 CD's)

Duke Ellington- At Monterey 1960. (2 CD's)

Duke Ellington -Jazz Party.

Duke Eillington- The English Concerts. (2 CD's)

OLDUDE

OK Steve, I also have the brother set "Black Box of Jazz".
Here are a few of the contents.
White: CD1-Dexter Gordon "Blues for Gates;Jazz Messengers "Soulful Mr.Timmons" CD2-Sonny Stitt "Lady be Good" Gerry Mulligan "Blues for Gerry"
CD3-Eddi Lockjaw Davis "I cant get started"; Sonny Rollins "Every time we say goodbye" CD4-Kai Winding "Never let me go"; Paul Horn "Here's that rainy Day"
Black: CD1-Wynton Marsalis "My funny Valentine"; Dexter Gordon "Lullaby of Birdland" CD2-Johnny Griffin "Hush-a-bye"; Michael Urbaniak "Softly as in a Morning".
CD3-Brubeck "Ol' Bill Basie"; Phil Woods "Caravan" CD4- Chick Corea "Moment's Notice"; Pat Methony "Move into the Groove"

I have tried to give you a reprentative sample from the White-44 tracks and the Black-50 tracks. See also my PN to you.

Cheers John

stu

Ellington fever continues. To me he's like Lester Young, when I start listening I can't escape..but, I don't want to.....

Various tracks from-- Duke Ellington - The Private Collection. 10 CD's.
Duke Ellington meets Count Basie.
Duke Ellington - tracks from New Orleans Suite - Launching Pad and Ellington Uptown.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
@ John, Thanks so much for your pm; I'll listen to your links tomorrow. I really appreciate you taking the time and making the effort to do this. :cheers: