Hi from ( very windy at the moment )Karlsruhe, Germany

Andrew Roussak

Hi dear Magle Int. Forum members,

I'm new here and would like to introduce myself. Hope to find some new friends here to discuss the music, maybe promote anything, promise to be good and not to break the rules!!!;)

I'm a professional musician, piano/keyboards player, was born and received a classical piano education in Russia and now live in Germany. Major musical influences : Keith Emerson ( ELP ) , Rick Wakeman ( YES ), Glenn Gould, Chick Corea - to name a few; and the more I listen to the play of Jordan Rudess ( Dream Theater ), the more I believe the guy is genius. My favourite composers are J.S.Bach and G.Gershwin. I give the piano / keyboards lessons, play solo and with the bands, do studio jobs, drink a lot of coffee and hate coca-cola.

About two years ago I realized that after I'd played enough for the records of other people it was the right time to stun the world with a music of my own - so I produced my solo-CD which I'm trying to promote now. I would very much appreciate if somebody of you visit my website and tell your opinion about what you can hear there - will be thankful for all your posts, both positive and negative.

Wish you all guys good luck, many thanks to the administration of the forum for this opportunity, :cool:
God may bless you all
Andrew
www.andrew-roussak.com

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Andrew! :tiphat:

It seems your musical tastes and influences are a perfect match for this forum :) I will be looking forward to see you around and read (and hear) your contributions to this forum. Hope you'll have a great time here.

Kind regards,
Frederik

rojo

(Ret)
Hi there Andrew :)

Hey, I like all the artists and composers you listed there! Ever heard Glenn Gould play Ravel`s La Valse?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello, Andrew ...

Welcome to this forum ... looking forward to your musical offerings here in this musical community.

Andrew Roussak

Hi there Andrew :)

Hey, I like all the artists and composers you listed there! Ever heard Glenn Gould play Ravel`s La Valse?

Hi Rojo, thanks for your post-
sorry I didn't . I am a greater Bach fan, therefore my favourite album von Glenn Gould is Golberg Variations, and once I chanced to see the documentary about how he recorded Italian Concerto on CBS Rec. ... oh, man!
Some things get especially interesting if you play the stuff yourself.
keep on rockin' ( in case you do it )
Andrew

rojo

(Ret)
I guess I should have figured that you like Gould`s Bach interpretations from your post... He`s a wonderful, if not the most wonderful interpreter of Bach`s music. But he did a lot of other stuff as well. If you`d like to hear Gould play Ravel (nothing like Bach, but a bit like Gershwin, with rich chords) it`s here-

http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/2839-glenn-gould-plays-ravel.html

I think it`s awesome! But then it`s my second favourite all-time piece of music. So I pretty much like to hear anyone play it! :grin:

And yes, I`ve been known to rock on occasion... :cool:

Andrew Roussak

I guess I should have figured that you like Gould`s Bach interpretations from your post... He`s a wonderful, if not the most wonderful interpreter of Bach`s music. But he did a lot of other stuff as well. If you`d like to hear Gould play Ravel (nothing like Bach, but a bit like Gershwin, with rich chords) it`s here-

http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/2839-glenn-gould-plays-ravel.html

I think it`s awesome! But then it`s my second favourite all-time piece of music. So I pretty much like to hear anyone play it! :grin:

And yes, I`ve been known to rock on occasion... :cool:

Hi Rojo,

many thanks for the link-
have just listened to La Valse. The first impression is of course stunning; I've never heard the piece before and ( first impression ! ) it sounds sometimes very much like Debussy for me , which is no wonder concerning the time and place it was composed. I guess I'll try to analyse it a bit after a while, which might be not that difficult as you can sometimes exactly see on this video, what and how Glenn Gould does. Sorry the video is cut at about 6:30, I guess the piece must be originally much longer, isn't it?

Was nice 2 hear from u,
Andrew

rojo

(Ret)
OMG Andrew, I forgot to post the second part of the piece; you didn`t get to hear the best part! I`ve now added it to the same thread, in the first post. We also mention in the thread that the use of rich chords is similar to Debussy`s style. Glad you liked what you heard so far. :)